Many volunteers—individuals, not-for-profit organizations or local businesses—make exceptional contributions to improve the well-being of Canadian families and their communities. These volunteers show us that the best solutions to the challenges that face Canadian families and communities are often developed, delivered and led locally.
The Prime Minister's Volunteer Awards were created for two main reasons: first, to recognize exceptional contributions that individual volunteers, not-for-profit organizations and local businesses make to improve the well-being of families and their communities; and second, to highlight the best practices in community leadership that these outstanding volunteers have developed.
Thank you for your interest in the Prime Minister's Volunteer Awards. The call for nominations is now closed. Please check this website regularly for updates on the program, and for information on the 2014 Prime Minister's Volunteer awards.
- Learn about eligibility, award categories and recognition
- Understand the assessment process and criteria
- Download Guidelines for Nominators - which contains all the information and instructions you need to prepare a nomination
- Find more information about the current call for nominations
- Discover the volunteer achievements of this year’s award recipients
- About volunteerism
Let's give Canada's volunteers the recognition they so richly deserve.