What is RSS?
Rich Site Summary (RSS) or as some refer to it, Real Simple Syndication, is an XML-based format for content distribution in real time.
Choose Your News
The Prime Minister's Web site offers you numerous RSS news feeds. Each news item includes the headline or title, a summary of the news article and a link to the full text document found on the site.
Instructions on adding a news feed to your News Reader or aggregator
- Simply click on any category above and copy the URL that appears in the dialog box.
- Launch your news aggregator or news reader application and paste the news feed URL into an "add new feed" window.
- When news items are published by the Prime Minister's Office, your news reader/aggregator will let you know through a small pop-up window or other alert device. If you close your news reader/aggregator, you will not be advised of updates until the next time you open it.
- If after reading a summary you want to view the full text, simply link to the full text document found on the Web site.
- Unlike e-mail subscriptions, you are not required to provide personal information or an e-mail address to benefit from receiving news from the Prime Minister's site.